Monday 1 October 2012

Medical Assistant Training - if you have it, Labor Department United States Wants to See You!

“The biggest worry that keeps our mind occupied most of the time is, Career; unless we have one, we are like a lost cow roaming on Asian Street with a fear of getting rammed by another depressed and most probably unemployed soul. No one can deny from the fact that, “money talks and when it talks, no one speaks”, but these days making a bundle or to make ends meet is perhaps the biggest challenge for many Americans.” This is what you will be talking if you ever turned a blind eye towards the importance of medical assistant training program.

In this article, I will be briefing out a discussion held between my roommate and his friend.

One fine evening, my friend and me was exploring shelves of a medical store; looking a medicine for acnes (a skin disease that results in pustules (pimples). Suddenly a dude comes to him from somewhere in his white apron and gave him a pack of 10 tetracycline tablets. First time ever, I saw my friend shocked as if he saw a rattlesnake. On seeing, a person who was not so brilliant with studies in that too in white apron simply left us in the tsunami of question. Somehow, the discussion begun as follows:

My friend: Holy cow, how you became a doctor.
His friend: I am not a doctor; I am a medical assistant, quite different from being doctor.
My friend: Tell me the secret and please do not you dare to give me a cock and bull story on this.
His friend: Come on, I will not say that a little birdie told me this or someone asked me to mum’s the word. There is no secret; I just decided to join a medical assistant training program instead of sitting on the fence like you.
My friend: Now what is this program? Spit out the thing man.
His friend: You are such a doubting Thomas, a skeptic who needs evidence for everything to believe. I enrolled myself in a full time training program as soon as I finished my high school and stayed in the classrooms of that vocational training school for nearly 1.5 years. I learnt everything related to medical assistant’s profession such as anatomy, computer and bookkeeping skills, insurance processing and accounting. Although I do not perform medical duties, yet I learnt laboratory testing, because this will be helping me with my specialization. My work is more of administrative and I assure the administrative smoothness in the place I work. Currently, I am working as locum tenens and earning $13-$14 per hour, but soon will be going on a good payroll.
My friend: That is awesome man, so I better be get going and surfing this medical assistant training program. Thanks though dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment